With affiliate programs, it pays to work well
with others. Also known as referral programs,
affiliate programs are normally commission-based
sales. You’ll recommend a site to your visitors and then pick up a percentage of any sale that those visitors make. You’ll benefit from the commission and the merchant benefits from the sales.
If you already have a website set up, you can run
an affiliate program from it, or you can simply
build a site to promote a particular product or
service. As long as it brings in more cash than it
takes to build or run it, you’ll be fine.
With any marketing program, you’ll need to be careful when you select an affiliate program. The benefit of an affiliate program will give you another way to make money from your users. Instead of selling them a product, you simply send them to a partner then take a cut of the profits.
Even though it may seem tempting to go for programs
with the highest commissions, those programs won’t
pay you anything if your visitors don’t buy them.
Below, you’ll find some tips to help you select an
the affiliate program that’s right for you:
1. Do not accept any less than 25% with the commission. You can find many programs with great
payment structures and high percentages of pay in
just about any field.
2. Look for statistic pages that list the number of click-throughs, sales, and earnings so you’ll be able to see how you are doing.
3. Always look for programs that offer a
wide variety of tools to put on your web site,
including banners, text links, and of course graphics.
4. Find out who often you’ll be paid and be sure that the payment schedule meets with your expectations. Some programs will pay monthly,
while others will pay quarterly.
5. Be sure that top-level support is included. If they can’t answer your questions in
a quick and timely manner, you don’t want to work
Once you learn what you are doing with affiliate programs, you can make a lot of money. If you are just starting, you should always use common sense and not rush into anything. As you become more familiar with how things work, you’ll be well on your way to making a lot of money – and enjoying making it. If you have to work hard, you’ll
be glad you did.